Death Angel delivers a brand of thrash metal that is all their own. It is something they have done since their very beginning that sets them apart from the pact. Now, I do know that not all their tracks are truly set in the thrash genre and some of said tracks are still some of the best and original sounding metal being produced. Still a very underrated band to this day even with the success they do have.
2. Eluveitie – Ategnatos
Eleveitie are lumped into the folk metal category for the most part but they are so much more than that. I do know that I need to do some back tracking on many of their previous releases for the metal library, but their past three albums have really made me stop and listen. Especially this one. It is probably one of the most diverse metal albums of the year. And it really does kick-ass!
3. Crusadist – The Unholy Grail
New-commers to the death/thrash metal scene from Chicago, U.S.A here. This was a very easy album to get hooked on. From the first few opening riffs to the very end, Crusadist pummel the senses and have a blend of death-fueled thrash metal that would make any veteran act a bit jealous. I am really looking forward to seeing what the future holds for these guys. Keep up the great work!
04. Elvenking – Reader Of The Runes (Divination)
05. Insomnium – Heart Like A Grave
06. Blut Aud Nord – Hallucinogen
07. Sacred Reich – Awakening
08. Signum Regis – The Seal Of The New World
09. Quiescency – Message For Lamb
10. Algebra – Pulse?
11. Solitude (Japan) – Reach For The Sky
12. Pectora – Untaken
13. Entombed A.D. – Bowels Of Earth
14. Tungsten – We Will Rise
15. Witherfall – Vintage
16. Haunt – If Icarus Could Fly
17. Walls Of Blood – Imperium
18. Beorn’s Hall – In His Granite Realm
19. Lysithea – Star-Crossed
20. Haunt – Mosaiic Vision