Best of 2014 Arto Lehtinen
1. Triptykon – Melana Chasmata
Once again Thomas G. Fischer made and created amazing heavy and depressive riffs on the second album titled Melana Chasmata. The utter heavy and slow songs literally rip the heart apart and turn the mind insane. Amazing album in every aspect.
2. At The Gates – At War With Reality
When At The Gates started working on their new album, it was kind of hard to expect the material to top the early stuff. But with this album, At The Gates proved themselves by being one hell of band with killer catchy and vicious riffs.
3. Accept – Blind Rage
Holy crap, the third album with Mark Tornillo is bloody awesome old school heavy metal release.
4. Behemoth – The Satanist
5. Exodus – Blood In Blood Out
6. Judas Priest – Redeemer Of Souls
7. Machine Head – Bloodstone & Diamonds
8. Autopsy – Tourniquets, Hacksaws and Graves
9. Primordial – Bloodstone & Diamonds
10. Bodycount – Manslaughter
11. Electric Wizard – Time to Die
12. Bloodbath – Grand Morbid Funeral
13. Sanctuary – The Year the Sun Died
14. Cannibal Corpse – A Skeletal Domain
15. Vallynfyre – Splinters
16. Taake – Stridens hus
17. Hirax – Immortal Legacy
18. Obituary – Inked in Blood
19. The Skull – For Those Which Are Asleep
20. Master’s hammer – Vagus Vetus
Best Ep 2014
Bölzer – Soma (Ep)
The Swiss two piece band has caused the relentless fuss in the extreme metal scene. The Some Ep is a real sonic pleasure of a mix death/black. Bölzer needs to be checked out by all these ones looking for the brutal and barbaric death/black metal.
Best new band
I had no clue of this band nor heard in advance. I happened to end up to the tent stage at the Summer Breeze festival and discovered this band fronted by the beautiful sounding lady. I had to follow the show as whole. This new retro-rock band will be on the next hype level for a while.
Isten Fanzine – Don’t Break The Ghost
That magnificent package of the old school metal fanzine published in the last 30 years as one massive book is impressive as hell. Every goddamn metalhead must obtain this massive reading experience to learn how the underground was based on the DIY attitude.
Best concert of 2014
- Dark Angel – Swedenrock 2014 and Jalometalli 2014:They made and came back and conquered all the way!!!!!
- King Diamond – Jalometalli 2014: Fucking freaking awesome show.
- Carcass – 70000tons of Metal 2014: Seeing Carcass under the Caribbean sky in the middle of the sea was magical.
- Biohazard – Summer Breeze Festival 2014: Pits and crowd surfing and ultimate tight playing.
Album disappointments of 2014
Loudness – The Sung Will Rise Again: Well I’d rather listen to their 80’s stuff for sure.
Greatest hopes for 2015
- That the new Slayer wont suck that much
- Seeing more killer bands live