OPERA IX will release their new album, Strix Maledictae in Aeternum, through AGONIA RECORDS on February 28th, 2012 in North America. The album will be available in digipack CD and 12″ double-LP formats, and will be the legendary Italian band’s first album in seven years. The first videoclip promoting this album can be seen here:
OPERA IX “Strix Maledictae in Aeternum“
– Digipack CD
– Limited to 400 copies double black vinyl
– Limited to 100 copies double gold vinyl (available only via Agonia Records Webstore)
CD Cat # ARCD092
CD barcode: 5902020284178
LP CAT # ARLP086
LP barcode: no barecode
With Strix Maledicte In Aeternum, Opera IX wants to analyze all those visions that came from the darkest times of humanity, the medieval ages. Spirit of witchcraft and darkness is present among the songs, giving the whole a less epic touch, but much more symphonic, direct and agonizing, making this album a lustful journey throughout the deepest and most macabre desires of man.
MARKETING & PROMOTION / SELLING POINTS
- First full-length album in 7 years;
- Last 3 albums were recently reissued on Peaceville Records;
- The new release closes a concept of ‘witchcraft trilogy’, that began in 2002 with Maleventum album;
- A video clip was recorded for the song Mandragora (www.youtube.com/watch?
- Symphonic Black Metal release from a band with cult status, founded back in 1989;
- Intriguing artwork made by Kris Vervimp (Enthroned, Marduk);
- Mastered at Necromorbus Studio in Sweden by Tore Stjerna (Destroyer 666, Watain);
- Noble digipack CD limited to 1st press
- Available as a collector’s double vinyl. 1st 100 copies on a double gold vinyl.
- Recorded at Occultum Studio in the fall of 2010 and beginning of 2011;
OPERA IX on facebook: www.facebook.com/