Various Artists Whole Lotta Love:: An All-Star Salute To Fat Chicks
Released: 2011, SplitScreen Ent
Reviewer: Celtic Bob
Where do I begin? An album that gives plus size ladies the spotlight. How can it not be good? C’mon, admit it. It just screams good time fun. Take the chance and dive in. You will not be disappointed. It’s a fun ride.
The majority of the songs on WHOLE LOTTA LOVE are ones we’ve all heard many, many times over the years such as “Whole Lotta Rosie”, “Unskinny Bop” and the infamous title track; “Whole Lotta Love”. It’s when you put all these great tracks together that the real meaning comes through all that more clear. A few of these versions may not be the best but there are none that are unlistenable or unenjoyable. The two that really stand out are “Thunder Thighs” by Stevie Rachelle and Jay Jay French and my personal favorite, “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) by Steve Brown. This song by Trixter’s Steve Brown is the catchiest song you will hear and it will be stuck in your head for days. An honorable mention has to go to C.C. Banana’s take on the Kiss song “Spit” which he changes to “Split”.
WHOLE LOTTA LOVE is one of the more enjoyable tribute CD’s on the market. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a copy or at least buy some of the songs on iTunes.
1. Fat Bottomed Girls - Phil Lewis (with Paul LaPlaca and John Macaluso)
2. Unskinny Bop - Evick
3. Whole Lotta Rosie - Rufus Fontain (featuring Jeff LaBar and Ronnie Honeycutt)
4. All Lips N' Hips - Poley/Rivera (featuring Ted Poley and Vic Rivera)
5. Split - C.C. Banana (with Banana 7, featuring David Z and Angus Clark)
6. Whole Lotta Love - Celisa Stratton (with Alex Grossi and Frankie Banali)
7. Baby Got Back - Don Jamieson
8. Thunder Thighs - Stevie Rachelle, Jay Jay French, Stet Howland
9. Big, Fat, Sexy Mama - Triangle Exception
10. You Need A Great Big Woman - Candye Kane
11. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) - Steve Brown
12. BMW - Dogwhistle
13. Big Bottom - Eddie Ojeda's Band of Steel