When 2 influential underground metal people from Finland – both release and gig-wise, decide to get together for the purpose of releasing one of the most grim, kvlt and necro-sounding black metal collections, the result could be something like this METAL ON METAL III - THIRD WARNING OF THE STORMS is all about.
METAL ON METAL III - THIRD WARNING OF THE STORMS contains 15 different more or less known black metal acts from the current Finnish underground scene that in my opinion at least, all owe a thing or two to the most cult-ish Finnish black metal band ever, the one and only Beherit. This 20-track collection is all about primitiveness, grimness and ugliness of today's Finnish underground black metal – and it serves its purpose in a somewhat fine way, I think (I am no expert on the current Finnish black metal scene, so…).
What I find the great thing about this collection is the fact that most of these songs that have been collected for this disc have never been released on CD format before, bearing in mind how limited some of these obscure black metal bands´ releases can sometimes be actually (well, this collection is kinda limited edition too: only 500 copies have been pressed). Either way it must be said that the whole disc offers a very good insight into a mystical underground world of the Finnish black metal, no more, no less. Many of these bands are truly obscure and unknown names undoubtedly to many of us (to me at least), basically serving up vicious and very underground-ish black metal at its most primitive and unholy form that are most probably meant to please the most die-hard fans of the genre. Every band involved with this collection – from Excordium to Sacrilegious Impalement to Bloodhammer - and so on, keep their pitch-black flags high in the thundering air for all those victorious attempts what they all represent genre-wise, the true (or tr00), cold and raw Finnish underground black metal.
With over 80-minutes of music, including a 12-page booklet, I believe this quality Finnish black metal collection will be a collector´s item sooner than you even realize, so you´d better to act fast if you still want to obtain a copy of this.
01. Intro – Third Warning of the Storms*
02. RIDE FOR REVENGE – The Bryptic Heart*
03. EXORDIUM – Pyre of Resistance
04. SACRILEGIOUS IMPALEMENT – Infinite Darkness
05. EPÄKRISTUS – Sota On Julistettu*
06. EPÄKRISTUS – War, Satan and Blasphemy*
07. DARKEMPIRE – New World Disorder
08. AZRAEL RISING – “Those Who Stay”
09. LANTERN – Cauldron of Souls*
10. BLOODHAMMER – Hellborn Fire**
11. SATANIC TORMENT – The Hellhammer*
12. INCRIMINATED – Judge the Doomed*
13. AZRAEL RISING – Mustaa Kylmää Kuolemaa***
14. ARMANENSCHAFT – Semen Syringe
15. SAASTA – Vred o Död*
16. SAASTA – Tottele*
17. BLACK MASS PERVERTOR – Itsesääli***
18. GOATMOON – Irstauden Alttari*
19. ARMANENSCHAFT – Eight Bottles of Wine
20. RIVOLOGI – Ylösnousemus***
21. RIDE FOR REVENGE – From My Journeys*
* Unreleased track
** Unreleased version
*** Rare demo recording
Various Finnish tRoo and necro underground black metal bands