Next review: » Slash & Bozza, Anthony - Slash (Book Review)
Live In Stoke 24/7/11
Released: 2011, Armoury
Reviewer: Celtic Bob
After many years Slash returned to the UK town of Stoke that he was born in and delivered a killer concert filled with old songs, new songs and songs from in between. With singer Myles Kennedy, a couple of Canadians (Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz) backing him along with Bobby Schineck they give you one helluva show.
Live albums are hit and miss with most being a miss unless you are a big fan of the group. While I love the debut album from Slash’s old band G ‘n’ R the rest of their catalog had it’s moments but nothing like APPETITE. Similar with his band Velvet Revolver, the debut was solid but the follow up was a bit weaker. This live show contains some of the best from almost every incarnation of his musical career. Myles is quite similar to Axl especially on those old G ‘n’ R songs. Todd even takes to the mic on “Doctor Alibi” which is one of the albums best tracks. Very energetic and fun record to listen to. There is something for every fan of Slash’s playing on here. Myles just nails it on the old Guns tunes like “Mr. Brownstone” and “Nightrain”. Axl himself probably couldn’t hit those notes now like Myles does.
This is the best Live disc to have come out in awhile and can be ranked up there along side of ALIVE and AT BUDOKAN, it’s that good. This show just screams for a Blu-Ray release here in North America. Imagine watching this in Hi Def on a large plasma with a full DTS soundtrack blaring out of your speakers from all corners of the room.
1. Been There Lately (originally performed by Slash's Snakepit) 2. Nightrain (originally performed by Guns N' Roses)
4. Mean Bone (originally performed by Slash's Snakepit)
5. Back from Cali
6. Rocket Queen (originally performed by Guns N' Roses)
7. Civil War (originally performed by Guns N' Roses)
8. Nothing to Say
13. Watch This
14. Beggars & Hangers-On (originally performed by Slash's Snakepit)
15.Patience (originally performed by Guns N' Roses)
16. Godfather Solo (theme tune from The Godfather)
17. Sweet Child o' Mine (originally performed by Guns N' Roses)
18.Slither (originally performed by Velvet Revolver)
19. By the Sword
20. Mr. Brownstone (originally performed by Guns N' Roses)
21. Paradise City (originally performed by Guns N' Roses)
Slash – lead guitar
Myles Kennedy – lead vocals, rhythm guitar on "Nothing to Say" and "Watch This"
Bobby Schneck – rhythm guitar
Todd Kerns – bass, backing vocals, lead vocals on "Doctor Alibi"
Brent Fitz – drums
Previous review: » Slash - Apocalyptic Love