#1. Tribulation – The Children of the Night
This album has featured in many End of Year lists, but whilst to others this is just a great record, to me it is more. I have loved exploring the sounds and themes of this band ever since The Children of the Night’s released, and Tribulation are now officially in the centre of my music radar.
#2. Myrkur- M
A divisive record which I don’t expect will be cropping up in many MR staff members’ lists. Nevertheless, I feel that this is at the forefront of evolution for genre which remains known as “black metal”.
#3. Luciferian Light Orchestra- Luciferian Light Orchestra
Masterminded by Christofer Johnsson, this 70s style rock ensemble could easily be the house band of Satan’s very own private club, and with choruses like those found in ‘Taste the Blood of the Alter Wine’ and ‘Sex with Demons’, everyone would want to be a member.
4. Grave Pleasures- Dreamcrash
5. Ethereal- Opus Eponymous
6. Cold In Berlin- The Comfort of Loss and Dust
7. Deafheaven- New Bermuda
8. Alfahanne- Blod Eld Alfe
9. Ashtar- Ilmasaari
10. Iron Maiden- The Book of Souls
11. Ahab- The Boats of Glenn Carrig
12. Sannhet- Revisionist
13. Marduk- Frontschwein
14. Gnaw Their Tongues- Abyss Of Longing throats
15. Black Bleeding- A Bright Future
16. Obsequiae – Aria of Vernal Tombs
17. Mgla- Excercises In Futility
18. Kampfar- Profan
19. An Autumn For Crippled Children- The Long Goodbye
20. Vaee Solis- Adversarial Light