Long in the making heavy metal recording industry documentary Behind The Suit And Tie appears to finally be on the brink of release. A new six-minute extended trailer can be viewed below.
Due in November 2012 via bigcartel.com Behind the Suit and Tie pulls no punches and features some of the prime movers in the heavy metal industry drawing back the veil of mystique surrounding the music business and addressing tough questions about the industry itself, how it’s run and where labels see their role in a digital future,” according to a press release.
The film will contain insight from:
* Carl Severson (Good Fight Entertainment), previous (Ferret Music)
* Paul Conroy (Good Fight Entertainment), previous (Ferret Music)
* Jason Lekberg (Eleven Seven), previous (Epic Records)
* Burt Goldstein (MVD), previous (Big Daddy Distribution)
* Eddie Trunk (VH1 Classic’s that metal show)
* Rob “Blasko” Nicholson (OZZY OSBOURNE)
* Adam Watson (Plastic Head Distribution)
* Bryan Mechutan (Demolition Records)
* Alan Becker (SONY RED, Distribution)
* Missi Callazzo (MegaForce Records)
* Ray Harkins (Century Media Records)
* Brian Slagel (Metal Blade Records)
* Doug Keogh (Roadrunner Records)
* Ed Rivadavia (RCA Music Group)
* Al Dawson (Earache Records)
* Pat Egan (Relapse Records)
* David Ellefson (MEGADETH)
* Gary Susalis (Music Choice)
* Ged Cook (Demolition Records)
* Ralph Graupner (Indevent Music)
* Lee Barrett (Ascendance Records)
* Ryan Forster (Moshpit Tragedy)
Commented creator/producer Robert Bolger: “Unlike most music documentaries more musician-focused approach, Behind The Suit And Tie’ will spend more time with the people behind the labels.
Through a series of interviews with players from both indie and major labels, Behind the Suit and Tie will showcase the truth of how the music industry is being affected by the downward spiral of CD sales and how new and up and coming artists must learn to adjust to changing times, according to a press release.
For more information, visit www.behindthesuitandtie.com