Underground Dutch Blackened Thrash/Death Metal band ONHEIL is featured on a DVD that also includes mainstream metal and hard rock acts like ACCEPT, AIRBOURNE, SLASH, VOLBEAT, NEVERMORE, BLIND GARDIAN, DANKO JONES, HEAVEN AND HELL and STONE SOUR. The music video of ONHEIL’s “Nemesis’ Light Fading” has been released on a compilation DVD which is added for free to the current edition of Germany’s biggest metal magazine ROCK HARD.
ONHEIL released their video last June and through internet distribution ROCK HARD’s editorial team got to see this latest creation. After enjoying both the music and visuals ROCK HARD asked ONHEIL to add the track to their Guerilla-TV 16 DVD. An amazing honor as this puts ONHEIL among some major metal and hard rock acts.
“Nemesis’ Light Fading” is a track of ONHEIL’s highly acclaimed album “Razor”, released by Germany’s CYCLONE EMPIRE. Onheil is currently preparing themselves for open air festivals shows, including PARTY.SAN, METAL MEAN and OCCULTFEST. After the summer the band will hit the road to play club shows throughout Europe.
The video can be found online at the following URL:
The full tracklist of the DVD:
1. ACCEPT – Teutonic Terror
2. ACCEPT-Interview: Wolf Hoffmann und Peter Baltes reden mit Götz über die Reunion
3. AIRBOURNE – Blonde, Bad And Beautifu
4. BLIND GUARDIAN-Studioreport: Exklusive Einblicke in die Arbeit an „At The Edge Of Time“
5. SLASH – By The Sword
6. VOLBEAT-Interview: Michael Poulsen und Anders Kjølholm standen uns in Kopenhagen Rede und Antwort
7. NEVERMORE – Emptiness Unobstructed
8. NEVERMORE-Interview: Diskografie-Rückblick mit Warrel Dane und Jeff Loomis
9. DANKO JONES – Full Of Regret
10. DANKO JONES-Kolumne: Danko über Filesharing vs. Vinyl-Revival
11. GRAND MAGUS-Interview: JB und Götz schwatzen über die Einflüsse der Band
12. STEELWING – The Illusion
13. RHF-Special mit u.a. KREATOR, RAGE, VIRGIN STEELE, SABATON, RAVEN und EXHORDER
14. HEAVEN & HELL – Mob Rules (live)
15. STONE SOUR-Studioreport: Studioführung und Interview aus dem Blackbird-Studio in Nashville
16. SONIC SYNDICATE – Revolution Baby
17. THE DEVIL´S BLOOD-Interview: Fanboy Götz und Gitarrist S.L. erklären das Faszinierende an der Band
18. SAVATAGE-History-Interview: Jon und Criss Oliva im Gespräch mit Götz
19. ONHEIL – Nemesis´ Light Fading
20. AXEL RUDI PELL-Interview: Axel empfängt Marcus Schleutermann in der Bochumer Zeche, seinem zweiten Wohnzimmer
Short band biography:
ONHEIL was originally founded in the autumn of 1999. A few successful demos led them to the recording of their first official release, ‘The Threat’. This mini-CD was released in 2003 by the now deceased WAR CRY PRODUCTIONS.
After some troubled years spend finding a decent drummer it was the beginning of 2007 when the current line-up was formed. This line-up contains 2 lead vocalists and 3 guitarists, giving them more possibilities to perfect their own ‘Blackened Thrash/Death Metal-sound’.
In 2008 a new record deal was inked with German recordlabel CYCLONE EMPIRE and spawned ONHEIL’s latest album “Razor” in May of 2009. It was very well received by both press and fans getting extremely positive reactions and mostly high ratings. Often “Razor” was seen as one of the best albums of the year, yet not getting the attention it deserved.
Onheil is currently preparing themselves for open air festivals shows, including PARTY.SAN, METAL MEAN and OCCULTFEST. After the summer the band will hit the road to play club shows throughout Europe.