Surviving HEAVEN & HELL members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice played a very special tribute to their fallen bandmate, Ronnie James Dio, this past Saturday (July 24) at the High Voltage festival at Victoria Park in London, England. The musicians were joined by legendary former DEEP PURPLE and BLACK SABBATH man Glenn Hughes and Norwegian vocalist Jorn Lande, who sings for power metallers MASTERPLAN and has just released his own tribute to Ronnie.
The setlist was as follows (vocalist for each track listed in parenthesis):
01. The Mob Rules (Jorn Lande)
02. I (Jorn Lande)
03. Country Girl (Glenn Hughes)
04. Children Of The Sea (Glenn Hughes)
05. Turn Up The Night (Jorn Lande)
06. Voodoo (Jorn Lande)
07. Bible Black (Glenn Hughes)
08. Falling Off The Edge Of The World (Glenn Hughes)
09. Die Young (Jorn Lande)
10. Heaven And Hell (Jorn Lande, Glenn Hughes)
11. Neon Knights (Jorn Lande, Glenn Hughes, Philip Anselmo)
Check out a professional photo gallery from Express & Star.
Proceeds from this performance will go to the Ronnie James Dio “Stand Up And Shout” Cancer Fund.
Immediately following the High Voltage concert, Hughes revealed exclusively to Express & Star that there will be a Dio tribute album, “with some megastars,” to raise funds for to the Ronnie James Dio “Stand Up And Shout” Cancer Fund, as well as a major show in Los Angeles in March 2011.