Anselmo, McNaughton to Dissect True Crime Films at 2011 SXSW Film Festival
November 29, 2010/ Reel Crime Press Release
AUSTIN, Texas, November 29, 2010
International best-selling true crime author and MetalSucks contributor Corey Mitchell is proud to announce the esteemed speakers for his “Reel Murder: From Crime Scene to Big Screen” panel for the 2011 SXSW (South by Southwest) Film Festival, scheduled for March 15, 2011.
Mitchell has gathered together some of the biggest, brightest, and most controversial names in true crime filmmaking including (in alphabetical order):
- PHILIP H. ANSELMO – former lead singer of Pantera/frontman for Down. Anselmo is a huge supporter of true crime-based films and composer of the underground cult classic, The Manson Family;
- HART D. FISHER – the “most dangerous man in America” and notorious director of the indie serial killer feature, The Garbage Man. Fisher is the publisher of Boneyard Press comics and creator of the infamous Jeffrey Dahmer comic book;
- AMI CANAAN MANN – daughter of Manhunt director, Michael Mann, and a rising new director with her upcoming true crime-based film, The Fields, about several unsolved serial killings along I-45 in Texas, featuring Sam Worthington, Chloe Moretz, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan;
- JOHN McNAUGHTON – acclaimed director of Mad Dog and Glory and Wild Things. Creator of one of the most revered true crime-based films of all time, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer;
- COREY MITCHELL, moderator – Los Angeles Times best-selling true crime author of several books including Pure Murder and Savage Son. Founder of Reel Crime and In Cold Blog, and former Hollywood crime blogger for the Discovery Channel. Mitchell also blogs for MetalSucks and Bloody Disgusting.
WHERE: SXSW 2011 Film Festival
Austin Convention Center
WHEN: Tuesday, March 15, 2011